Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW

I have been with my current partner for a year. We spent alot

Customer Question

I have been with my current partner for a year. We spent alot of time together at the beginning of the relationship, and got to know each other very quickly. I moved in with him after 6 months together and everything is perfect, apart from my paranoia. In previous relationships, around this time in the relationship, I have always been cheated on and spent alot of time being single, until I met this guy. I am 21, and he is 28. I honestly feel like he is the one and I think that I am going to push him away if I do not get any help. He went on a night out recently and I picked him up, a few days later I checked his phone and I found messages to another girl saying Irll see you soon. I do not think he would do anything but I think he will leave unless I sort myself out! What do I do? I truely love him and dont want to loose him, but I can't seem to help myself going crazy over the smallest things.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

I am sure you have talked to him about this incident? Trust is a big part of relationships and takes two to work on it. If this is the only incident and you felt he explained the text sufficiently but you are continuing to worry about it, then I would suggest you see a therapist. You said this has been a pattern in many of your relationship and you need to work on why it is happening. Often times you may have learned your relationship patterns in childhood. You may had had some truma, abondonment, absent parent physically/emotionally, etc. that has caused you to form the relationships you do and to feel they way you do in them. A therapist will be able to help you work through these issues and be in a healthy and functioning relationship.