Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I take Effexor now for quite a while, 300mg. a day. It has

I take Effexor now for quite a while, 300mg. a day. It has been working really good, but lately when I am alone, I have been getting rather depressed. I work every day and when I am with customers I am really fine and laugh with them.

Its just when I am home in the moring alone after my husband goes to work until I leave.

I worry too much about my 2 dogs, my husband, etc.

I have taken other meds but so far Effexor has worked great.
Hi and welcome,

When you are busy at work and home with your husband you are engaged and not able to worry about your dogs, your husband and life in general. The effexor is working, when you are alone you are a worrier. I would suggest that you allow yourself five minutes to "worry" when you are alone, after that, put on music, read, tell yourself to "stop" thinking about whatever it is you are worrying about. If you are concerned about life in general you may want to spent a few session in therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy specifically to learn how to stop the worry by changing your thought process. You are doing a great job at all other times so don't let this glitch get your down! Take charge and you'll find you can be alone and okay.
Please click ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK when you are satisfied.

Edited by Dr.Keane on 11/2/2009 at 2:53 AM EST