Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...

Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

im divorced from a narsises women and i have a young female

Customer Question

im divorced from a narsises women and i have a young female child . im in a good relationship for two years but i still seem to exprience the same blames and issues . i cant seem to come to any common ground i dont take actions when things are done thinking it would tired but it still conntinues the blames and even thught i take my doughter to thearpy she wont participate
will this ever end and what does the future hold for my doughter
i currently have a good relationship with my doughter but i worry her mom has such a huge hold over her it worries me
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH replied 4 years ago.

I'm glad to hear you are in a better relationship now. Sometimes if we have patterns that last from relationship to relationship "the same blame and issues" it might mean that seeing a therapist would help you decide if you need to change some things or it could mean that you are picking the same type of person over and over again. Either way, a therapist can help you decide this and hopefully make it better for your current relationship.

I think it's wonderful that you are so supportive of your daughter and have a great relationship with her. It is unfortunate that her mother will not participate in her therapy sessions. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do to make her participate. Your best course of action would be to stay strong and supportive for your daughter so she can have a strong role model to look up to. In relation to your question "Will it ever end? And what does the future hold for my daughter?" You can make efforts to learn how to cope better by seeing a therapist and hopefully your daughter's therapist will help her learn to cope and get better as well.

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask any other questions.

Take care and good luck with this difficult situation,
Kym

If you've found this answer helpful today, please leave Feedback after Accepting so that I can receive credit for my work. Thank you!

Edited by Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH on 11/2/2009 at 12:18 AM EST