Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

I am on Lexapro 15mg a day, Buspar 30 mg a day, and Clonazopam

I am on Lexapro 15mg a day, Buspar 30 mg a day, and Clonazopam 1 mg a day. I feel tired all of the time, or almost to the point that I can pass out. I have been on Lexapro for about 10 years, buspar and clonazopam for about 2 months. Is this combination ok?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 6 years ago.

I am not a physician but have significant experience with psychotropic meds. Antidepressants and anti anxiety meds such as a Lexapro have a tendency to become ineffective after some time. After 10 years maybe it is time to talk to your prescribing doctor to think about changing the Lexapro as there several alternatives available. In my experience, I have never seen Buspar work in reducing anxiety, but that is just my experience as it is recommended for anxiety. Klonopin is an effective anti anxiety medication of the benzodiapine class, unfortunately it is highly addictive. I would review all these issues with your prescribing physicians. I hope this information has been useful and you discuss all with your prescribing physician.

Ralph LMHC

If you require further clarification or more information, feel free to ask!

Please click the green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback is most important and bonuses are always welcomed. If this is a mental health, or medical emergency, please call emergency services (911 in the USA), or go to your nearest Emergency Room. The opinion provided does not replace an evaluation by an appropriate professional. Use of this website DOES NOT CREATE a provider-client relation and this information is for educational purposes only.