Kelley
Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW
20327072

My ex and i recently broke up because he was feeling numb inside

Customer Question

My ex and i recently broke up because he was feeling numb inside and wasnt sure he loved me or had any feelings.. so i asked him to see a threapist. and now he is not allowed to speak to me for a month or so. Why is this? we only dated for two months but we were best friends for two years and i am his first girlfriend and hes 24.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Relationships can be so tough. The therapist may have asked him to not see or speak to you so that he has time to work on himself. If he was talking to you then he may mix up what he is really feeling and not deal with the issues he may be experiencing. It allows him to take a step back and really work on himself. As hard as it is for you to wait it is the best thing for him right now.

Please let me know if I can assist anymore.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yah .. he wrote me one email saying that he doesnt hate me and never will and hes going through a rought time right now... but i message he the odd time just soo he knows i care about him. he alaways had hard time showing his feelings toward me... it just sucks cuz i feel like we ruined an awesome relationship... but none of his friends like me and all tell him to not be with me.. so im not sure
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.
Yes it is hard. If you two are ever meant to be or even meant to be good friends then he needs the time to really sort through what is and has happened.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yeah i think your right.. but he must still care or he wouldnt have written me bk the one time.. cuz he said i really shouldnt be writting you right now.. and he poked me on facebook and sent me a kiss... but thing is hes not my type of guy at all.. i usualy go for the bad boy and hes complete opposite.. soo i have another guy wich i am kinda seeing... do u think it would upset him to know that?