Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
25692555

I dont feel like living anymore, my blood test says Im fine

I dont feel like living anymore, my blood test says I'm fine but if I was fine then I wouldn't be having suicidal thoughts. Do I need antidepressants or ritalin or something like that?
If you are having suicidal thoughts you need to be evaluated immediately by an appropriate professional. Unfortunately, blood tests won't be able to diagnose depression and it sounds like that is what you are struggling with. An appropriate professional can help you decide if medication will help you. Antidepressants probably would help you but there are many different kinds and a Dr. would need to decide that.

I would suggest calling 911 or going to an emergency room near you so they can help you get evaluated. Feeling suicidal is a very serious issue and you should seek help now while you are still in the mind set to ask for help. If you feel scared to call 911 or go to an emergency room, I would suggest calling a friend or neighbor and asking them to help you get help.

I hope this answer has helped you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Take care,
Kym

If you've found answer helpful today, please leave Feedback after Accepting so that I can receive credit for my answer. Thank you!

.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

So a normal doctor is fine for recommending a treatment/medicine for my condition?

(just asking to confirm)

A primary care Dr. could help in the beginning, but if he/she decides it is clinical depression, I would recommend a psychiatrist for treating the issue. It does sound like depression and going straight to a psychiatrist probably would be best. If you have a primary care Dr readily available you might want to see them soon.

I hope that helps,
Kym

Edited by Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH on 11/1/2009 at 6:27 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I could have sworn a Psychiatrist is what I was after to begin with, Dr Vikas in your "meet our experts" section is one but ok you did what you can.

Thanks

Thank you. Next time if you want a specific specialist, you can go to their profile and request them directly.
Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
Kym
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thats just amazing, read the feedback I left to see what I mean.

I did read it and I was wondering why, lol. But I hope the answer did help you.
Take care, Kym