Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

Perscibed Prozac by Dr after bad side affects with two previous

Perscibed Prozac by Dr after bad side affects with two previous drugs, celphram was one can't remember other but only lasted five days was a capsule.
On Prozac up to one whole tablet in morning after doing 7 by 1/4 7 by 1/2 and 7 days by 3/4. During all this not going too bad, and he has given Xanax to take if side affects hit to help through. When Prozac use is all OK he then would take me off Zanax
Had to see one of the Dr's partners this week on another matter (3 mth health plan check) and he said I shouldn't be on Xanax and Prozac could cause me to become aggitated. He was not happy. This Dr was away when I first went to discuss my anziety issues, so I have stuck with the one Dr and I had also 1/2 doz counciling sessions with clinical psychiatrists as well.

Confused

Could you please tell your diagnosis?

What was the reason for Prozac prescription?

Any positive family history of psychiatric illness, specially mood disorder in your family/

Is any one of the doctor you are talking about a psychiatrist?

Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

History on anziety disorder, ie congential pelvic, back pain "Oh I'm having pain, I can't do this etc negatative outlook !! Depression been through quite a few traumas in life IVF family deathes etc "the load finally got too heaavy"

Prozac given as I had bad side affects with previous two anti depressants

No family history

No

Discuss with psychiatrist, within same practise

Thanks for your reply.

If your diagnosis is not Bipolar 2 disorder and if you are able to tolerate Prozac there is no harm in trying it. Xanax is frequently prescribed with Prozac initially to control the anxiety symptoms which could be because of Prozac itself and once the patient is stabilized, xanax is tapered slowly and stopped.

Regards

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated.