Ask Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH Your Ow...
Kym Tolson, LCSW, CSAC, NBCCH, Therapist
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience as a substance abuse therapist. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker

Is schizophrenia treatable through homeopathic remedy

Is schizophrenia treatable through homeopathic remedy?
Schizophrenia is a brain disorder and to my knowledge there are no studies that prove homeopathic remedies are effective in treating schizophrenia. In fact, studies that have attempted to show effectiveness are proven to be less effective than using antipsychotic medications. There are some studies that have found folic acid deficiencies tend to be found more often in schizophrenics and that using this in conjunction with medication can help with improvement of symptoms. Also melatonin has been shown to help with sleep issues but melatonin helps the general populations with sleep issues as well.

I would always recommend following the advice of a psychiatrist regarding medication protocols and asking the Dr's advice on any additional homeopathic remedies.

The best treatments are medication, education, support groups, group therapy, and programs that can facilitation habilitation after the onset of schizophrenia.

I hope this answer helps. Please feel free to ask any other questions.
Take care, Kym