Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP

Is trazadone a synthetic form of morphine Also, I take both

Is trazadone a synthetic form of morphine? Also, I take both valium and temazepam. I have to take a comprehensive drug screen for a new job. Will they show up as opiates and benzodiazepams. Sorry, I really am worried. How long would it take to be off these meds before I could pass a drug test.

Hi, thank you for using Just Answer.

Trazedone is classified as an anti-depressant and would not show as morphine or any other substance other than this on a drug screen.

Valium and temazepam are both classifed as sedative hypnotics and would show up as benzodiazepines, not opiates. If you have prescriptions for these medications, there should not be a problem with a drug screen. You can simply write down what you are taking, and those would not count as any type of illegal substance.

Hope this helps,

Hi, Just noticed your follow up question. Sorry .

Tramadol is classified as a narcotic analgesic. It is not classified as a narcotic but does respond in the system as an opiate pain medication would, in that it slows the central nervous system, bowels, and pain. It would not show up as an opiate on a screening. Gina