Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

I am a usual healthy person-quite active-a job of responsibility

Customer Question

I am a usual healthy person-quite active-a job of responsibility and no real worries-apart from being a little disciplined. I have suffered with EDs and depression in the past but not for a long time.
Due to some stresss at work I got overstressed a week or two ago and began having persistent nausea which the doctoer gave me some anti nausea drug for
On Saturday-I suffered hugely swollen eyes and have since had extreme exhaustion and inability to do anything as I usually am a busy person I am concerned.
My eyes are still very swollen and sore and I have taken the day off to sleep-despite having over 8 hours since Saturday. Please help..
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.
Hi Game,

First, you need to call the prescribing doctor and tell them of your symptoms for 2 reasons: 1, so they know you have had a reaction to the medicine they gave you and can put that on your chart, and 2, so they can change your medication to something better tolerated by you. Having the 'cure' incapacitate you isn't good. There are many ways to solve this problem without making you suffer needlessly - especially when you're already vulnerable.

I'm wondering if you're not experiencing anxiety along with your stress. This is another thing to talk with them about when you're calling about the med change.

Overall, Game, you need to begin to decrease the stressors in your life and increase the ways that you reduce stress. Regular sleep, proper nutrition, alcohol regulation, and exercise does wonders in a short amount of time. Even taking 10 minutes in the morning to stop and gather your thoughts for the day, breathe and make a plan and mind-set will make a difference.

If you're already doing these things, then I'm going to say that you may need to be evaluated for anxiety. Look at the link below and see if you recognize your symptoms. If so, you can get treatment for that and get some relief.

Anxiety

I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly, and hope that I've given you some ideas to get relief. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.
Anna