Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW

I am on oxygen for 15 hours a day and dont get out. My

Customer Question

I am on oxygen for 15 hours a day and don't get out. My youngest son died a year ago aged 45. my eldest son died 18 years ago aged 35. Am I suffering from agorophobia or just depression?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

It sounds like you may be suffering from some depressions. You have had a lot of grief and health problems that caused a life style change which can cause depression. If coud be agrophobia if you are scared to go outside but you did not express that in your question.

If you are able to get out I would suggest starting with some counseling. You can check with your insurance to find out who you can see or you can call the local community helath center. Due to you needing oxygen and having a hard time getting out you may see if your insurance will allow for phone counseling or a visiting therapist. Many local hospice centers also offer grief groups and counseling and that might help you as well.

If after a few months of counseling you do not feel any better than I would suggest considering taking an antidepressant at least for a trial period to see if it helps you feel better. When someone has depression the brain chemestry is off and the medications help correct that, thus making you better. It is something to consider if the therapy does not help.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if I can assist anymore. I am here to help!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
insurance isn't applicable in the u.k. It has all been too much effort. so I will give up, thanks
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.

Since it is not applicable I would suggest you start with your PCP. They will be able to assess you and get you the right help. If they do then I would suggest going to the hospital for an evaluation of your depression.

You said you wanted to give up and I am not sure if you mean with therapy or if you are wanting to hurt yourself.

Suicide Awareness Websites:

Suicide Prevention Hot Lines:
1-800-273-TALK / 1-800-273-8255
TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I still have one son so I don't plan suicide. Just give up this quest for help. I would appreciate a refund of my deposit and I will sever all loinks with this site.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have replied. You have been no help. Please refund deposit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am awaiting a refund, your reply was useless, sorry