Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

my boyfriend had a surprise birthday party for me and at the

my boyfriend had a surprise birthday party for me and at the party he met several of my friends that he did not previously know. The next day I ran into one of the people who were at the party and she says that he made a strange comment to her about how he is attracted to me because I have such attractive friends. When I asked him what his intent was he said she's crazy and I never said anything like that. I said that you have really nice friends and it means alot for me to be a part of it. W ehave had some trust issues in the past and this makes me wonder was she subtely trying to tell me something about my boyfriend or it is my imagination?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 5 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, i feel , although there might have been trust issues between the two of you in the past , but in this particular case that you are referring to , i believe , that your boyfriend was perhaps complimenting your female friend , without any ulterior motives driving him to do that . And since he was the host of the party where in he had the onus to make your friends comfortable and at ease with the surroundings , so he must have been a bit more flambouyant than his usual self and was enjoying himself by interacting with new faces , i do not think , there is any need for you to doubt his intentions , all that your friend told you should not be dwelled any further ,as it was your friend's perception , and you have no control over how and why people percieve things differently , when the truth is absolutely different and simple.

So, please do not mention this again with your boyfriend , and thank him for the lovely party that he had thrown for you , and the fact that you have already discussed what your friend told , would probably remind him your importance in life and that he should not stray , if at all that thought has ever crossed his mind .

So, no need to worry , just carry on with your life with him , and enjoy the moments .

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.

Regards..

Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience: MD Psychiatry