Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I have intense feelings of anxiety and sadness, as well i am

I have intense feelings of anxiety and sadness, as well i am not able to sleep thru a night anymore. I seem restless, wake up and immediaty my brain seems to go 100 miles in hour. I have anger outbursts aout minor things. I walk around with a constant knot in my stomach as well. ALWAYS tired and i went from a fulltime job to part time due to that, but now can't even be motivated to deal with normal houe work or taking care of myself. I dont want to leave the house anymore, started to drink as i want to feel numb.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

Hello:

Do you have racing thoughts?

Are you going periods of time without sleep?

Are you eating?

Are you seeing things or hearing things that others do not?

Can you state what you wish in a question?

Sincerely,

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My brain just seems to go all the time, all kinds of things run thru my head....events..or how i might handle certain events, what the answer will be or how i will react.
I eat yes and have gained some wheight, but i think the wheight issue is due to the fact that i drink now to be feeling numb or able to sleep.I never go without any sleep..but wake up early.

Thank you for the answers, but could you respond to the last question:

Sincerely,

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How to proceed from here and how to approach my physician as she does not seem to take me seriously.

Hello you are obviously very anxious and depressed. You are self medicating yourself with alcohol. I would suggest that you get a psychiatric appointment, by calling your insurance company's behavioral health department if you have insurance, or you can contact you local community mental health center or your nearest University Hospital with a Department of Psychiatry (contact the outpatient department), after an evaluation in which you may or may not be put on medication, you will probably be helped by psychotherapy to lessen your anxiety and depression. Good luck and best wishes.

Sincerely,

Customer/p>

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do i approach my physician as i need a referral from her to see a specialist.

Very simple You describe your behavior and feelings and request a psychiatric referral. There should be no reason for her not to give it to you, If she for some strange reason does not (and I doubt she will refuse), the insurance company has a an appeal process which you can use if necessary. Best wishes and good luck.

Sincerely,

Customer/p>