Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

my name is calena and have battled with deppression for over

my name is XXXXX XXXXX have battled with deppression for over 6 years and just recently it feels like anxiety is setting in. Falling asleep is lots of work about 45mins to 1hr to fall asleep. Nausea right before i go to bed; like nervousness, during the day i feel like i cant even keep up with my two chilren, of course headache. I just need to know if an antianxiety med can help.
current meds: cymbalta 60mgs; lamictal 50mgs.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, from your symptoms it does seem like you are having anxiety , so in order to control your anxiety symptoms such as nervousness, nausea , gastric discomfort , and fearfulness , etc , i will suggest that you add 1 anti anxiety drug such as either klonopin or ativan or buspar . You ask your doctor to choose any one of these three , but whichever drug is chosen should be started on a low dose and after 5 - 7 days the dose shall be increased further to the optimum dose and then maintained on it .

So, kindly discuss this with your treating doctor and get started on one anti anxety drug , and i am quite sure that this addition to your regime will relieve your anxiety symptoms.

I hope this helps...

I wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.