Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

Is anyone interested in Intro to Psychology questions. There

Is anyone interested in Intro to Psychology questions. There are 4 option to choose from in each question. There are 10 multiple choice questions the last two questions are essay questions 200 words. I need ASAP if so.

see attachment

Hello I would be glad to look at them and if I can give you a good response I will. If not I would refer to homework area of JA. PS you can also copy and paste on reply.

Ralph LMHC, CRC, CGP, MA

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

They are attached here. The homework area has been unable to help thus far. I am just trying to keep up with this class. My book has not made it to me yet. Help is really appriciated.

Thanks

Sorry, I have taught at the University level, but would not wish to be responsible for answering and resultant grade and there are ethical issues for me so I am opting out. This will allow other experts to answer. You may wish to repost to expedite matters. Best wishes and good luck. Sending Need info so there is no chance of being charged.

Ralph

Hi Iceskate mom,

It was fun to go through your questions and remember Intro to Psych. I didn't have time this morning to give you hints on your essay questions, but look over the XXXs on the multiple choice questions and see if you agree. If you'd like, I can help you with an outline for your essay questions later this afternoon.

I don't know why this is showing such small text...I hope you can see it.

Question 1
Which of the following is a condition that is necessary for the ethical use of deception?
Answer

XXXThe deception must be revealed immediately after the study is over.

The participants must be forced to participate against their will.

The data provided must be treated as confidential but not anonymous.

Experimenter bias dictates that a double blind design must be used.

Question 2
"We passively let experiences teach us about the world, and we let experiences mold our personalities." Which of the following is true regarding this statement?
Answer

The statement was made by a humanistic psychologist.

XXXThe statement was made by a social learning theorist.

The statement was made by a Gestalt psychologist.

Most psychologists would reject this statement.

Question 3
An ethnic group refers to _________ but an ethnic identity refers to _________.
Answer

people who descended from a particular area; the major classifications on the U.S. Census

XXXpeople who descended from a particular area; a sense of belonging and sharing of group beliefs

the major classifications on the U.S. Census; a sense of belonging and sharing of group beliefs

a sense of belonging and sharing of group beliefs; people who descended from a particular area

Question 4
Language functions in left-handed persons are:
Answer

often reversed compared to right-handed persons.

the same as those of right-handed persons.

superior to those of right-handed persons.

inferior to those of right-handed persons.

Question 5
Although related, school psychologists _________ and educational psychologists _________.
Answer

study the ways children learn; teach future teachers

teach future teachers; consult about behavioral problems and test

select which students will attend which school; teach future teachers

XXXconsult about behavioral problems and test; study the ways children learn

Question 6
The term "psyche," when translated from the Greek, is most closely associated with the term:
Answer

habit.

life.

study.

XXXmind.

Question 7
The essential difference between behavior and mental processes is:
Answer

complexity.

XXXobservability.

controllability.

ease of description.

Question 8
When you see a coefficient of correlation while reading a scientific research report, what does it indicate to you?
Answer

XXXThe strength of a relationship between two variables

A cause-and-effect relationship between many variables

That the research was purely descriptive in nature

The degree to which the research was scientific

Question 9
The double strike theory of schizophrenia proposed that a person is more likely to develop schizophrenia if she/he has a _________ and was subjected to a(n) _________.
Answer

dizygotic twin; traumatic life event

XXXgenetic predisposition; birth complication

too much adrenaline; environmental toxins

split brain; drug during gestation

Question 10
A researcher wants to study the effects of caffeine on student performance on quiz scores. The research gives a caffeinated drink to half the students and a non-caffeinated drink to the other half of students. The researcher then measures quiz scores by counting the number of correct answers. Given the above scenario, what is the independent variable?
Answer

The number of caffeinated drinks the student consumes during the day

The number of correct answers on the quiz

The students year in school

XXXWhether or not the students receive the caffeinated drink
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to do this this way because I have not received my book yet and I am trying to keep up in my class. I am not going into this field or even close so I am not familier with this at all. Any help or ideas you can give for the essay will be appriciated. If you have a place where I can find info on this that would also be helpful.
HiCustomer
Here are some facts and resources for the last 2 questions.

Question 11
Discuss genetic influences on behavior.

The link below has a great little article that is clear and to the point about how genes influence behavior in humans. (Intelligence is the easiest one to measure. )You'll be able to write a 200 word answer after reading it, and it has an outline. :)
Genetic influences

Question 12
Differentiate the beliefs, theories, and methods of Wundt, Titchener, Alston, Wertheimer, and James.

Here is a place to start, and then I've got a link to a textbook that talks about all of 5 of them in contrast.

Henry Alston, Wilhelm Wundt and Edward Titchener introduced Structuralism - The nineteenth-century school of psychology that tried to determine the structure of the mind through controlled introspection.

Max Wertheimer worked with Gestalt psychology, which is the school of thought based on the belief that human consciousness cannot be broken down into its elements. A Gestalt is an organized or unified whole…a complete thought or feeling, or sense of something.

XXXXX XXXXX worked with Functionalism- Another school of psychology from that same period that emphasized the useful functions of consciousness.

Intro to Psych book online

If you need other help or tutoring for this class, just put "for Anna" in the front of the question and I'll try to help. Psych can be a pain if you really don't have an interest in it, but easy if you do!

Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.