Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

what are your thoughts on taking 5mg of lithium aspartate to

Customer Question

what are your thoughts on taking 5mg of lithium aspartate to help control or prevent alzheimer's.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 4 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, both Lithium aspartate and lithium orotate are natural remedies ( minerals ) , which can be used to arrest Azheimer's dementia , but the reason they are not as popular as Aricept and Namenda , which are the mainstay for the treatment of alzheimer's dementia , is because these lithium aspartate and lihium orotate are minerals and so cannot be patented by Pharma companies in which case these companies would not get any thing out of endorsing them , and hence lithium aspartate is still not that well known as treatment to arrest the progression of alzheimer's dementia , However, in reality there have been enormous number of positive reports regarding its efficacy in arresting alzheimr's disease.

So i suggest you consult your doctor and you shall try it , while also continuing on Aricept( Donepezil ), SO, THAT YOU HAVE BOTH NATURAL THERAPY AND allopathy drug to treat your alzheimer's dementia.

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best...

Regards...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer

I never said I was taking Aricept. I asked for your thoughts on taking Lithium Aspartate. The answer you gave me is no more than what I have already read off the internet. I already know about big Pharma companies not being able to patent Lithium Aspartate and about how it has been helping people with Alzheimer's. I honestly feel you have not given me any "new" information than I already knew. I feel you could have gone to the same sites I did to give me your information. I am willing to pay for answers, but not to pay for info I already gathered from my own internet search. If you can provide any new info for me, I will gladly pay for it and would be wiling to pay more than $25.00 if I felt it was worth it.

Ok , i can understand what you have just mentioned , and i know that you must have gone to other sites as well , well i just wanted to tell you that Lithium aspartate and lithium orotate are being used nowadays more readily than ever before , but having said that , Alzheimer's is a progressively declining cognitive impairing condition , which takes several years to reach to its last stage , which in a way is when the person has become quite old , but the problem with early onest alzheimer's ( before 65 years of age ) is that it effects the quality of life of the individual , and to bring back the quality of life and to make the person carry out the daily routine activities almost as good as before , drugs like Aricept ( donepezil ) and Namenda having been used for many years as a trusted regime for alzheimer's disease .

So, if you want to go the tried and trusted way to arrest or to further slow the alzheimer's disease then Aricept and namenda are the drug of choice for you. But , if you are not amenable to the use of psychotropic drugs , then you shall use Lithium aspartate as an alternative , but this drug although has shown a lot of promise , is still to be accepted as answer to alzheimer's dementia , so if you are willing to try a more natural path of arresting alzheimer's dementia , then you should stick to the use of Lithium aspartate.

So, i have laid down the facts about both the options in front of you , now you shall decide which option you would like to choose .

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best...

Regards...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer

I appreciate your response, but I honestly do not feel you have given me any more info than I got by searching the internet myself. Therefore I will not accept because I am not satisfied with your response.

Regards,

Tommy Keller

P.S. If you would like to discuss this with me further< i am open to a telephone conversation or other means of communication.

Ok, no problem,i am opting out , any other expert shall field your question anytime soon.

Regards..

Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.
Original question: what are your thoughts on taking 5mg of lithium aspartate to help control or prevent alzheimer's.

My thoughts are that as an alternative medicine, lithium aspartate is an option for those who for any reason are either uncomfortable with the standard prescription medications mentioned above, or is willing to try something with less research done on it.

I don't know of anything that hasn't been published and available on the internet concerning the topic, so of course you found the same data available to experts. You might want to try contacting a research facility directly to find unpublished data, but pretty much everything goes straight to the internet these days so that all who wish to can have access to the information. Personal blogs of people using it can be another source of opinions.

I thinkCustomer#39;s discussion on the topic was as good as can be obtained outside of personal contact with someone doing current research, but one of the best things about Just Answer is that you don't have to pay for any answer you're not completly satisfied with - for any reason, no questions asked.
Anna
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you anna and I do not want to pay for the answer because I feel I already knew everythingCustomerwrote.

Tommy