Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience

I am always worried that my husband( or any guy for that matter)

Customer Question

I am always worried that my husband( or any guy for that matter) will leave me because I am not pretty enough and it has gotten so acute that I have no girlfriends at all and I often avoind public places because the thought of someone who might be pretty makes me very very uncomfortable. Now I am a pretty girl, but I can't seem to shake this horrible insecurity off...
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com:

Your irrational fear of being left is indeed a horrible insecurity. When did this start? Have you always been this way? I will do my best to assist you if you can give me a little more information about this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have always been insecure and considered that I was not pretty enough for anyone to want to spend time with me. It is still a shock when people tell me I am beautiful. The fear of being left I have always had when in a relationship. I feel worst when prettier girls are around, so I avoid being around them...I feel in a constant state of stess
Hello and thanks for your response:

You are suffering from a great deal of anxiety related to low self esteem. If there is a therapy group in your town, I suggest you join, so that you can receive feedback from other people. It sounds to me that you are never convinced whenever anyone tells you that you are attractive, so your husband must be very frustrated, since he considers you a beautiful woman. Please either join a group or see a therapist who will work with you to help you to believe in yourself. If you continue on this path, you will ruin every relationship you have, and that includes your marriage. Please seek out someone who you trust that you can work with on your self-esteem.

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this issue. I wish you well. Warm regards XXXXX XXXXX wonderful future.