Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

what is wrong with me i hurt all the people in my life and

what is wrong with me? i hurt all the people in my life and can't seem to have normal relationships. i feel sad and angry. how do i get passed this. i hate being this way. i feel like a freak and that i will continue to live alone with no love or creating a family because i can't get along with anyone.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 7 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well , i feel that you are tremendously hurt due to your failed past relationship/s and you are blaming yourself for the loss , i can understand that you would want to change some things about your approach towards the relationship with others , but , please do not belittle yourself , and tout yourself as someone who is not worthy of a healthy relationship , you like any one else deserve a good and happy relationship , and i am sure that you will be able to get yourself one .

But , as of now you seem to be in depression and low mood ,and are showing suggestive features of depressed person such as self loathing , low self esteem , negative thoughts , irrtabiltiy , loss of hope and confidence and feeling of helplessness and worthlessness, so i suggest that you first get yourself back on track by getting out of your depressive phase , by consulting a psychologist and getting started on psychotherapy ( counseling in lay term ) , and the best type of psychotherapy that you should get started on is Cogntitve behavioural therapy ( CBT ).

This CBT will not only help you to come out of your depression , but will also help you to cope well with the stressful life events , and to have an insight about your behaviour which may need some alteration ,and this therapy shall help you to achieve that .

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.

Regards...