Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

I am still uncertain as to what my condition is.I have had

I am still uncertain as to what my condition is.I have had 3 psychotic episodes.In each I have been very paranoid and heard voices of people around discussing me , most frequently critically but some defending me.I have also felt my character is on trial and wrestled with the question as to whether I am a good person or a bad person.I have had a compulsion to keep talking in an anxious and distressed way about the past that I cannot control, racing negative thoughts , and constant analysis of everything.I have had flooding memories of painful events from the past on replay which have caused me great pain.I am left feeling like an anxious , vulnerable child and feel traumatised by my experiences.

If you recognize that they were 3 paranoid episode, than you are aware that the voices are a results of a chemical imbalance. I am not a physician, but am quite familiar with psychotropic medication, The Haloperidol, Melloril, Respiradone are anti psychotics. The Venaflaxafine is a SNRI, anti depressant and the Carbamazepine is an anti convulsant mood stabilizer. I deduce from your medications that you have a Bipolar Disorder which is the result of a chemical imbalance that is made worse by stressors in your life. My question is what is it that with what you have described, what is the question that you would like answered.?

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I suppose I am still uncertain as to what medication would best suit my condition.I am currently taking venlafaxine and risperidone but still experience a lot of anxiety, worries about the future and the past and problems with insomnia.I am still very unconfident and experience a lot of social anxiety and trauma post episodes.I don't experience elation or highs but have experienced racing thoughts and constantly analysing things while unwell.I have problems concentrating and can't read ,relax or watch t.v very frequently.

It is extremely difficult to make a diagnostic impression without , in depth interview, mental status exam and history. That being said, from what you describe in the way of symptoms especialy racing thoughts, depression, sleeplessness, anxiety and medication, the diagnosis points to bipolar disorder. If your medication is not bringing about a satisfactory reduction in symptoms, you should report it to your prescribing doctor for adjustment in dosage or changes in the medications.

Ralph LMHC

Please click green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed.