Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

big one is having trouble focusing, my boss or wife may be

Customer Question

big one is having trouble focusing, my boss or wife may be talking to me. and my mind is off somewhere else. (it can't digest it seems like i'm there but not there it prvents me from focuing this important to me such sbe talking to and tend start serveral projects and not complete any of them. when even it gets really difficicult i jump to the next project ti avoid the difficult one
Submitted: 7 years ago via HealthBoards.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

Your difficulty focusing is certainly indicative of Adult Attention Deficit Disorder. The fact that you did not ask a question points in that direction, although only professional mental health worker can make that diagnosis after an in depth interview and possible psychometric testing. The positive news is that it can be treated quite successfully with psycho stimulants like Ritalin, Vivanse or Concerta, etc. These stimulants bring with them side effects like weight loss or insomnia., etc There is also the non stimulant, Strattera which is effective in the treating of ADD and without those side effects.. Personally, I can share that my veterinarian, with a hugely successful practice was having problems almost identical to what you described and they were brought under control with the use of medication. Best wishes and good luck.

Ralph LMHC

Please click green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can' focus my mind wanders off and i'm in to the next thing. it makes me feel like i m not fulfilling my life

Have a psychiatric evaluation and with the correct medications will propbably resolve. Again good luck and best wishes.

Ralph LMHC