Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MBBS ; M.D Psychiatry, MS. Health Informatics
4079050

i am on lots of meds eor depression but i still have some issues.

i am on lots of meds eor depression but i still have some issues. i cant be around people or groups of friends. i feel unworthy of their company. i am boring with nothing to say without studdering. i am hiding in my house alot.which is stressful because i cant get it clean and organized. i walk in circles. i have 3 kids to deal with wanting to do sports and cheer, but i have to be there with other parents, i am like a lost dog, wondering around avoiding contact. any help<
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

Hello Christina,

Kindly tell me that -

Have you been by any psychiatrist yet?

What was the diagnosis made by the doctor who saw you?

Currently you are on what medicines and in what doses? Are these medicines effective in your case?

Is there any family history of psychiatric disorder in your family?

Since how long you are suffering from these problems?

Kindly also go through the link I have provided below and tell me about the results.

OCD SELF-TEST

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Screening Test

Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I see a md once every 3 months im on stratta 80mg wellbutrin 450mg abilift 10mg suboxone 2mg ambian 12.5mg almatiza and lactulose.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I see a md once every 3 months im on stratta 80mg wellbutrin 450mg abilift 10mg suboxone 2mg ambian 12.5mg almatiza and lactulose.all women in my family have some sort of problem but luckly me got it worse. i am home alone all day thinking of all the things i cant do because i dont know where to start and how to let go of things.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the information. Kindly tell me -

Is he a Psychiatrist or a Physician?

Have you gone through the screening test I provided and what was your findings?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
psychiatrist, MD- she did simular test and said i have some add,im on methadate for that, It does not work. it's hopeless
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.
Thanks.

After going through your list of medicines and the symptoms you have mentioned it appears to me that your may be having depression which is not responding to Wellbutrin ( an antidepressant).

For confirmation you may try an online screening test for depression

Depression Screening Test

And if this is case, switching over to some other good antidepressant such as Zoloft, or Lexapro should solve the problem.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the self esteam is from depression?
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.

Do you mean by Low self esteem. If yes, ya it a very prominent feature of depression, and patients suffering from depression frequently report this symptom.