Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

I work overseas and need to seek some mental health help but

Customer Question

I work overseas and need to seek some mental health help but do not think there are very many options. Any suggestions? I live in the Kaiserslautern area if that helps and am not in the military so regular military avenues are not all open to me. Thanks
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 7 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, i can understand that since you are alone , and have no one to guide you , so i suggest that you consult the GP in your area and ask for referral for a psychiatrist , GP's usually have the contact information of various specialists , so he / she must be having number / contact of a psychiatrist .Or you can call up the help desk of local hospital and ask for the numbers / contacts of psychiatrists working in the area or psychiatrists who are attached to the hospital.

Then you shall contact the psychiatrist , and fix an appointment and get yourself evaluated for a definitive diagnosis , based on which the psychiatrist will treat you .

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best.. Please feel free to ask any further question .

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.