Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

Hello again dr kaushieck while reading a today i experienced

Hello again dr kaushieck while reading a today i experienced disorientation
just like when i watch tv or play videogames this leads me to think
it might not be aruas what it might be is since i have gad i use reading or videogaming to relax me and it does the gad goes but iam thinking gad turns to panic attack so it might be panic attacks iam getting as they are sudden while reading or playing but before hand i was on edge with gad what do you say to that.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 7 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, when we discussed your auras earlier , then we also discussed the posibility of it being a panic attack after all , so this kind of abrupt onset of this state that you experienced can very well be a panic attack , plus you are already a diagnosed case of Gad ,which means you are quite succeptible to panic attacks ,as well .

But , the good thing is that now that you have decided to start on prozac , it will take care of both panic attacks as well as gad , plus as we discussed earlier , you may take clonazepam for few initial few days along with prozac to assist it in treating panic attack and gad .

I hope this helps..

I wish you all the best..

Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.