Ask a Psychiatrist and Get Answers to Mental Health Questions ASAP
Ok so it is OCD hoarding and cognitively impaired hoarding along with anxiety that you are suffering from ?
And when did your hoarding start ( age of onset ) ?
Have you tried fluoxetine or sertraline till now , and what about any other anti psychotic other than seroquel , you see we need to place you on drugs which will improve your OCD hoarding and anxiety , unfortunately cymbalta alone cannot do it aong with temazepam , so kindly reply.so that i can devsie a plan of treatment for your ocd hoarding anxiety , which you can discuss with your doctor and get started on it , you do have typical features of OCD Hoarding , which has been very difficult to treat till date , and use of anti depressants , and CBT have been used for it so far , but i will try to formulate a regime , which you can discuss with your psychiatrist or doctor and try it , and hopefully it will help you .
Well you see in OCH , that you suffer from the person has two problems -- a) collection and b) unable to discard objects ..
So, below i am mentioning a treatment regime , that you shall discuss with your psychiatrist , i am not too much in favour of continung you on cymbalta ( duoxetine ) for your OCH , so you shall ask your doctor to bring you off it but by slowly tapering it , and not withdrawing it abruptly as it may lead to wihdrawl symptoms .
So, here is the regime that you should discuss with your psychatrist and get started on .
1) Switch over to either Prozac ( fluoxetine ) or Zoloft ( sertraline ) from cymbalta , any one of these ANTI DEPRESSANT is any time better than cymbalta for your OCH.
2) Ask your psychiatrist to add Risperdal ( risperidone ) at a low dose only at night , to the anti depressant chosen out of zoloft or prozac .Risperdal is an anti psychotic and its addition to any of these above mentioned anti depressant will most probably do the trick for your obsessional compulsive Hoarding.
3) Continue on Temazepam and immovane in the present doses , these will surely assist the above 2 mentioned drugs .
4) Continue on CBT , but ask your psychologist to teach you Response prevention technique , if he/ she is not well versed in it , then seek help from another psychologist , but response prevention therapy ( included in CBT ) does help in OCH .
5) Meditate and use meditation to achieve tranquility and self control.
So, i suggest that you discuss this regime with your psychiatrist , he may scrutinize it , if he pleases and then you shall get started on this regime , and i hopeful that this will work for you.
I hope this helps...
I wish you all the best..
Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.