Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Hello! I live in Norway, and have the two diagnosis OCD

Hello!

I live in Norway, and have the two diagnosis OCD and Avoidant Personality Disorder, or so the doctors here say...
I have tried"everything"the last 20 years( i'm a 46 year old male), but nothing seems to work for me. What do i do? Can you recommend a special treatment, maybe in the U.S.??
Hi and welcome to just answer,

It is frustrating when nothing seems to work....in the United States the most common therapy used for OCD is cognitive-behavioral therapy in conjunction with medication if deemed necessary.   Dr. Jeffrey Schwartz, an expert in OCD from California, UCLA to be exact, has a theory that there is a "hyperactive linkage" among parts of the brain (orbital cortex, caudate nucleus are two of the four I remember off hand) that form what he describes as "brain lock". According to him brain lock can successfully become unlocked by using behavior therapy. It is quite an in-depth therapy to describe so I am including a link for you to further explore.
www.hope4ocd.com/foursteps.php
I hope this has been helpful.
Dr. Keane
Please click ACCEPT and leave feedback when you are satisfied.