Nancy, Psychotherapist
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years

What can I do for my daughter who has sever sciesafrena.

What can I do for my daughter who has sever sciesafrena. She gets ssi and lives on the street most of the time. mental health department seem to not be able to treat her.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

To successfully treat schizophrenia, she would need to see a Psychiatrist, get on and stay on her medication. There are no alternatives to medication - it's the only treatment we have.

After she gets stable on meds, she could move into a halfway house or residential care facility.

But medication has to be the first place to start.

I hope my answer helped clarify this situation for you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
She wont go on medication. She was on medicien for a long time. The only good it did was make her less angry acting.. She gained 150 lbs. on medicine. Anyway I have no way of getting her on medicine.
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.
There are free clinics in almost every city. If you want to get her help, I'd suggest starting there.

If that doesn't work, call you local resource for reaching out to homeless/mentally ill people living on the street, they may be able to talk to her and help.

I wish you the best of luck,