Kelley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Experience:  BSW, MSW, LCSW

My BF has betrayed my confidence, been unfaithful and cheated

My BF has betrayed my confidence, been unfaithful and cheated on me. Yet, I can't feel angry at him and I'm angry with myself for not being angry at him. Why?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kelley replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!

Feelings of love are a hard thing. When we are deeply hurt by someone we love and trust we can be very confused. Co-dependent no more is an excellent book and has wonderful information in it. You will hopefully find lots of insight in it. And good for you in getting counseling with a social worker. That sould really help you begin to sort through how your are feeling.

Are you still together with him? Is he sorry and willing to change? You may still be in some denial or shock over what happened and have not got to the stage of anger yet. You may also feel that somehow it is your fault and are shifting the blame away from him. It was him who ultimatly decided to cheat.

I would continue to work on you and I comend you for doing so. You will most likely eventually feel the anger. I suggest journaling as a way to get your feelings out. It helps you to understand how you feel. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can assist anymore.