How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nancy Your Own Question
Nancy, Psychotherapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 746
Experience:  ABD for a PhD in Psychology, Psychotherapist for over 20 years
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Nancy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just broke with my girfriend. I am not suicidal nor do I ideations

Resolved Question:

Just broke with my girfriend. I am not suicidal nor do I ideations of suicide. I do have sleepless nights and severe thought intrusiveness as all I can do is think of all the ways she has used me. When I am working there are no thoughts of her, but all our memories are in my home; she lived at her own place, so she most 95% of time here w me. Can I take Ativan o.5? Or do I need more? I would love to get rid of the anxiety levels and get some sleep. Thanks, Joe
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.
Hi Joe,

To get some sleep, I'd fist suggest you try home remedies and over the counter sleep aids.

The first thing you can try is warm milk. It triggers some sleep chemicals in your body - and will work if you drink it and then rest - no lights, no sounds.

If that doesn't do the trick, then I'd suggest an over the counter sleep-aid or an antihistamine.

If those fail, then speak with your doctor about what would be best for you now. This is a temporary situation, so I really don't want to see you become physiologically dependent on a medication that is used for anxiety when it sounds like you just need some sleep!

Let me know your thoughts....

Nancy and 2 other Mental Health Specialists are ready to help you