Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

BACKGROUND INFO 24 year old female. I have Bi-Polar 1 (diagnosed

24 year old female.
I have Bi-Polar 1 (diagnosed at 13 years old), depression (suicide attempt at age 11), PTSD(childhood abuse/flashbacks) and more recently severe disabling anxiety(with paranoia). I get anxiety/panic attacks and hyperventilate which seem to be contributed to sensory overload(too much sound/light). I do have a psychiatric service dog that assists me during attacks.

My PCP has me on;
Seroquel XR 300mg at HS
Buspar 10mg 3x daily
Ativan 1mg PRN (not to exceed 2mg in 24 hour period)
Clonidine .1mg at HS

While I noticed a decrease in my "manic" episodes since I started Seroquel, my Bi-Polar cycle still lingers in the severe depression stage for longer. Usually I am manic for a few days and in the depressive stage for 10-14 days. My "lows" are very low....

The Ativan helps for acute anxiety/panic and the Buspar seem to help the chronic anxiety.

Optional Information:
Gender: Female
Age: 24
State/Country: Oregon

I am a licensed mental health counselor and do not prescribe meds but I will tell you what my experience of over 20 years in running mental health facilities, etc is taught me. First is that I would be seeing a psychiatrist for meds not a PCP. The psychiatrist is usually more aware of the psychiatric meds than a PCP. So the first change would be a referral to see a psychiatrist. Seroquel is indicated among other things, primarily for psychosis. Theer does not appear to be a mood stabilizer to deal with your mania in your regimensuch as lithium, or the anti seizure drugs as Neurotin, lamictal, etc. The newest antidepressants are in the SNRI, serotonine norepinephrine, reuptake inhibitor. An example of which is effexor, These are the recommendations, a mood stabilizer, an antidepressant and a referral to a psychiatyrist for medication management. Of course I would speak to my PCP about all this first. Please click green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your feedback and bonuses are always welcome. As always you can email for further info.

Ralph LMHC

Please restate your primary concern, it was lost, I shall try to address it. There is no additional fee for this. I am concerned that your issue be addressed.

Ralph LMHC