Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

Hello, I have terrible disturbing thoughts they distress

I have terrible disturbing thoughts they distress me so much and i find it difficult to concentrate on much else. I have been taking 100mg of Zoloft for a couple of years and i have recently increased the dose to 125mg and am planning on increasing it to 150mg i'm worried that the Zoloft isn't working anymore. Prior to these horrible thoughts i had been through alot of stress with relationship problems. I hate feeling like this can you give me some advice as to where i can go from here?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!
I've heard many stories of Zoloft's effectiveness being reduced after people are on it for a few years. What I would suggest is that you talk to your doctor about a possible change in medicine. It seems to work for thepatients I've seen in my practice. Many have tried the increased dosage and had it work, but again, only for a short while and then they switch to another medicine.

Here is a link of articles that talk about this issue:

Keep working at a solution till you find it - that is the most important thing to do- you're worth it!

Disclaimer: Please don't mistake this for medical advice specific to you or your situation as I'm not a physician.