Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

I am usually so frustrated, feeling overwhelmed, anxious, even

Customer Question

I am usually so frustrated, feeling overwhelmed, anxious, even hostile and angry and say the wrong things. I was really agitated today, but couldn't say the things I wanted to say. I wanted my doctor to fill several scripts and in light of the M Jacskson stuff, I was worried. I got the prescriptons, still can't sleep. What can I do. I have the whole rainbow of sleep meds available to me here.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning,

Lack of sleep can affect one's mood causing agitation in addition to feeling tired and drained physically and mentally.

If you are not able to be honest with your prescribing physician, you may miss out on proper treatment and correct diagnosis.

There are natural alternatives to sleep such as Melatonin, GABA, 5-HTP and perhaps you can inquire from your doctor if they think that these may be helpful to you. These are non prescription over the counter supplements.

It would also be helpful to seek therapy not just medication management if you have not done so already.

If you reside in the USA you may want to contact the United Way for some leads on free support groups or your insurance for in network counselors. If you are ever in a crisis and reside in the USA you could also call the free crisis phone line at(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Your words were nice, but I don't think my question be answered like this. I have to go to someone and talk to him/her in person.