Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

I have been previously diagnosed as clinically depressed and

Customer Question

I have been previously diagnosed as clinically depressed and a little suicidal and went through therapy over 11 years ago with a second episode 3 to 4 years ago and bailed on the therapy because I felt I was over medicated. Since then I seemed to recover on my own.
I lost my job of 22 years in March of this year and since then I have been severely affected with anxieties. I can't sleep more than 4 or 5 hours at night . My ears constantly ring and I feel completely alone and feel helpless to change my situation. I constantly think about it and do not seem to be able to relax even for a few minutes. I have not had suicidal thoughts although I feel desparate to end my constant self imposed suffering. I have no Insurance and I constantly fear being homeless or abandoned. I am 59 - too young to retire and I don't know what I can do with myself . I am more ashamed than proud to ask for help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

Hello:

You sound depressed, but who wouldn't given the conditions that you have undergone. A am wondering why you do not consider returning to a brief sstint on meds which will stabilize and imorove the way that you feel. Your feers are those trhat most in your position would have, It is not over at 59. You bring a great deal of experience to the work force so do not give up. I wonder why you don't return to therapy to deal with one issue that of being unemplyed. in that way you will feel better, get guidance and work on the specific problem. Please click green "ACCEPT" button on this page if you are satisfied with my answer so that I get credit for my work. Your feedback and bonuses are always welcomed. As always you can email for further info.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am afraid of the expense and do not know where to get medication prescribed to me. In the past I have taken Zoloft, Depacote, Trazadone, EffexorCR , I have forgotten the latest medicines that were given In my last episode. I found a web site but am leary of buying on line from an unknown source.

Hello:

Effexor XR is probably the latest med with fewest side effects (it is now made in a generic form by Several companies. First It has to be built up that is whay most psychiatrists have a starter pack which contains increasing doses. Medication should be overseen by a psychiatrist. and perhaps once at a maintenance dose is established, you can see him/her. once every three months.. In addition. there are low cost mental health clinics based upon ability to pay. You can find them by calling 1800 lifenet.

Some of the drug companies have support plans you will have to check.

To inquire about free medications consider these vendors -
"Pfizer: http://www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com/pages/Find/findall.aspx
or 1-866-776-3700
Connection to Care provides Pfizer medicines for free for some patients through their doctor's office. With Connection to Care, qualified patients can get 75 of Pfizer's branded medicines for free.
Also Wyeth has a free prescription assistance program by calling(NNN) NNN-NNNN
PhRMA: https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php or 1-888-477-2669

Complete Wellness USA:

http://completewellnessusa.com/ or 1-866-777-0029
Complete Wellness USA (CWUSA) is one of America's leading Prescription Advocacy Organizations that specializes in obtaining free or discounted prescription medication for its members through Prescription Assistance Programs (PAPs).

One of these sites may be able to help.

ButXXXXX XXXXXne is that you have to do something and unfortunatel there "are no free rides but there are subsidized ones. Given your condition as you desescribe it. The plan that I have described sounds like the best option to get you back on your feet. Please press the green button if you have found this information helpful so I know and can be compensated. And feedback and bouses are always appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ralph,LMHC

Just wanted to wish you good luck and thank you for your generous bonus.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC