Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

Post your response to the following What are some of the ways

Post your response to the following: What are some of the ways that Psychologists
attempt to explain human behavior? One of the major debates within the field of
Psychology is the degree to which nature versus nurture shapes human behaviors
and traits. What comprises our nature? How would you define nurture? How would
you describe the interaction between genetic potential, environmental influences, and
personal choice? In your opinion, is biology destiny? Why or why not?
I need 150 words
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.
Nature is your genetic material, nurture is your environment. How I explain your question when patients ask it is this:
You come into who you are in three ways: Your genetic material that comes from your parents, their parents and all the people in your family tree. You have no influence over this because it already happened at conception. This is the ‘nature” component.
The second part of the pie is your environment, which includes the “nurture” component. This includes being born in a tribe in a war-torn country where food may be scarce and prenatal care unavailable versus being born to wealthy parents in a suburb next to a university healthcare system where all the nutrition and healthcare needs available on the planet are available to you. This also includes being born into a place that would allow you to become educated or even abused by your own family, have parents who live, or being a child on the streets.
The third part is you: how you take all this in and what you make of it. This is the part an individual has the most influence over. Are you a pessimist or optimist? Are you resilient? Do you use what intelligence and health that you have to advance yourself or not? We all see people that come out of similar circumstances that make it and those who don’t, which belies the point that all three of these factors influence who you end up becoming. Is biology destiny? No.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question. Please fill out the little feedback form after accepting.
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is good but it does not answer all of the questions ask, can you do that?