Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

for Dr Vikas im sorry my english is not so wall , olso ple

Customer Question

"for Dr Vikas" im sorry my english is not so wall , olso pleas make this question privat . how can a family sport a member with Schizoid personality disorder? he have a good paying job and he stend up late some times , is this any thing about the spd ? and what shud we do in the mean time? what can i do about his job he shud not lose it? and did you think he will be able to marrey??? how can we make him have more intrest in the famaly and in our raligan? and pleas if you can tell me what is the must importend messege he shud gat from all the sapportive men around him who wants to help him , WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTEND MESSEGE WE CAN GIVE HIM to help him ????????????????????
we send him for thrapy but he is not keeping on going becous he dont thing he have a problem , he is 17 , he is a nice and smart boy, we gave him a lot of spport and love.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

Dr. Vikas has not been able to answer in 2 days would you like me to address it?

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

right

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes sir

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes i want

A schizoid personality disorder or any type of personality disorder is very resistant to change. The personality disorder means that the individual has little need for warm interpersonal relations. I am afraid that there is little that you can do about that. I believe that you have to accept him as he is with love and warmth, but at the same time allow and respect his need for distance and space especially if he asks for it. Can he marry? of course he can. Will he is up in the air and probably not likely. You should not encourage or urge him to date. Help him persue the things he likes which are probably solitary activities. People with this disorder can and do hold jobs especially those where they do not have to work closely with others. As I said the most important message is that you love him and care about him and respect his need for "privacy" Do not stress him or yourself out! Trying to force him to go for therapy would be counter productive. Tell him that if wants to resume therapy you will make it possible. Like I said schizoid personality disorder is not the end of the world.He can live a life and support himself with this diagnosis. He is lucky to have loving and caring parents. If you found this answer helpful, please push the green button so I l know it has been helpful and so I can be compensated. Feedback and bonuses are always welcomed,

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

You asked for me , but i have nothing more that I can add to my answer, perhaps you should wait for Dr. Vikas. I told him that I would answer the question if he was not able to today. Good luck.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how can we make him have more intrest in the famaly and in our raligan? which therapey is best for him , CBT, or INSIGHT therapeis?

Hello:

Your religion is an important and revered part of your life that has brought you much and so you would want your son to obtain the same benefits. But you cannot make it happen. The more things are forced upon him the more he will resent it and avoid it. And you can expose him to the family. I would suggest for brief amounts of time on his home grounds and I would allow him to leave when he espresses the wish to do so. In sum, he is an adhlt who is working and caring for himself. There is a chance with time and therapy if he chooses to go that will improve somewhat.

Best Wishes,

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
which therapey is best for him , CBT, or INSIGHT therapeis?

Helllo

CBT

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

why?

Hello

That is an entirely different question. I have answered all I can and will not be able to provide any further information on the original question. If you have other questions you will have to post them for a response.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

"

Sincerely," i disagree with you about that and i cant accept if you cant reply