How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question

Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1764
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am 50 years and think i must be getting bouts of depression,i

Customer Question

i am 50 years and think i must be getting bouts of depression,i have had personal problems in my past and had help to get through it, but since i split with my what i have diagosed as a narrsissist, am now suffering with bouts of depresssion, but now my vission goes blurr although i have had my eyes checked and i have reading glasses my joints and muscles ache all over when im at my worst i have gained wieght and have lost a little,i want to sleep more than not,i sometimes get an irony taste in my mouth too, could you please diagnose my problem, i aminding it hard now cos i have loss of memory too at times a mobile hardresser by trade too, f
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 7 years ago.
Hi and welcome to just answer,

I am sorry you are feeling depressed and having health problems but you have taken the first step towards getting better by asking for help from this web site. Good for you!
Depression will cause physical problems. Painful joints and muscles are one of more common physical complaints. First I would suggest you go to your general doctor and get a full physical exam. Tell her/him how you are feeling, all your symptoms, that you are depressed and he/she may prescribe antidepressants, or refer you to a psychiatrist (first choice and best choice) for the medications. You also need someone to talk to, someone who will help you resolve your issues by giving you the "tools" to manage your life. A cognitive behavioral therapist would be a good choice there. You also ended a relationship with someone who in your words was "all about them" so know that even though it's for the best, XXXXX XXXXX to go through the grieving process. It's still a loss. Depending on where you live (I can't see what you have tried so far, it's not showing up) it can take a long time to get all the appointments taken care of and may seem overwhelming. Take it one step at a time. Make a list so you don't forget what you need to do and check off each task as it's done. Once you begin to tackle your problems and depression you will feel better. It won't happen over night but it will happen. I hope this is helpful.
Dr. Keane
I am available for any follow up you may need. Please click accept only when you are satisfied and leave feedback. Thank you.

Related Mental Health Questions