Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

iam concern about my mother she tells everybody lies and rings

iam concern about my mother she tells everybody lies and rings welfare all the time there are 5 children in the family and not one of them speak to her because of this we cant understand why she has had mental health issues for years but has become worse she forgets she rings me then rings back and asks what im doing now she is trying to make out there are people after me like private detectives and my x she took my 12 year old daughter for holidays and now refuses to bring her home i cant understand why she would do that my other daughter who is 16 stay with her she told me mum rolled dog poo in her clothes and was swearing at her she left next morning

The report you give on your mother paints a pictor of a rather il woman who lies, forget, tells styories about the private dectective and rolled in dog feces. How long has she been mentally ill? Is she in treatment with med? Has it gotten worse over time/

Ralph LMHC

I would like to proceed, but I can only give an intelligent answer with sonme additional information Thank you.

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i think she has been like this for a long time my father told me he had left because communication had broke down she would always go home to her mother sleep alot always wait till he got home from work to chastise us if we did wrong never explain anything to me like becoming a woman my sister explained it all to me my aunty tried to get her help but she refused and im not to sure on as to if she is on any meds the last2 years have been the worse she rings me tell me my bother has cancer when he hasnt my sister is in hospital when she is not she told me private detective looking for me iam so sick over this it has made me physically ill because of all the problems she has caused for me and i cant understand why or what is causing her to do these things

It sounds like your mother is suffering from a major mental illness possibly worsened by advancing age and dementia. It is really to much to handle without professional help which I believe she urgently requires. If she does bizarre things that are dangerous to self or others you need to call the authories and have her hospitaized. She probably need s to be on medication. The thing with the detective sounds like a paranoid delusion and the action with the feces is definitely a sign nof severe disturbance. There is only so much you can do and you should not feel guily when your needs come first. So I think again the why is because she is mentally ill. The what is is the same possiby worsened by a dementia. If you have found this info helpful please press the green acceptance button so I know it has been helpful and so I can be compensated and feedback is always appreciated.