Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs

Im on Taractan (chlorprothixene) 150 mg once a day

I'm on Taractan (chlorprothixene) 150 mg once a day before bedtime and would like to have it discontinued. My question is whether it is necessary to reduce the dose slowly? Or if it is possible just to stop the treatment? Of course I'll talk to my pdoc before any changes are made.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 7 years ago.

Taractin is a typical low potentcy antipsychotic medication. Best advice its to follow your Dr's recommendation which will probably involve tapering off of it unless there is an urgent reason to discontinue immediately like sid effects,If you found this info useful please press the green button so i know it has been of help and I can be compensated. Of course feedback is always appreciated.

XXXXX XXXXXcensed Mental Hralth Counselor (I am not a psychiarist)