Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

i didnt sleep for two months, now am averaging 4-5 hours on

Customer Question

i didnt sleep for two months, now am averaging 4-5 hours on lunesta. i am getting scared of the effects as i have 3 young children and am widowed.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,

It would be of utmost importance to let your prescribing physician know of this. People respond differently to the medications you are taking.

You may inquire of your physician if they would suggest different medications in the category of lunesta or if they would suggest a more natural approach like ODC Melatonin.

Please consult with your doctor or if you need to call the pharmacy and inquire of possible side effects do not hesitate to do so. Since it is a weekend, your physician may not be available right away. Another option would be to phone your health insurance and get some feedback from their health coach nurses.

It is always a good idea to get the medication monitored and managed by the prescribing MD.

Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning,

Did I miss to answer your question? I noticed that you did not accept. If there is something else I could have provided you with please let me know. I answered your post to the best of my ability. Thank you.