Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

Cant seem to find a date,,, 2 years divorced and have had

Can't seem to find a date,,, 2 years divorced and have had several affairs but they all get old after 3 months or so,,I'm networking through the week and hit the gym,, I even travel by myself but just can't catch the eye of the right one,, I need a boost or something to get me going. I hate the bars , Don't know what I'm doing wrong???
I just can't settle.. I need some lessons in first liners maybe??? HELP
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

Have you tried local singles networks like Duluthsingles.com etc? (if you are in Metro Atlanta area)

Churches have singles meetings (this may be more desirable setting than a bar, night club, etc) Check the Church of the Apostles in Buckhead (if in Metro Atlanta)

You've mentioned "I just can't settle" If you mean that you are not sure if you want to settle down. It is possible that the other person is picking this vibe from you. Maybe you expectations are too high and or unrealistic and you the other person can sense that and feel inadequate in some way.

What about match making services?

Also, you may want to try and see if the people that you have dated after the divorce have something in similar and perhaps go for someone with different qualities. Try to explore what happens after 3 months into the relationship that leads to a break up. Is it a self fulfilling prophecy on your part because of fear of commitment or the other person is really not a good match. People that stay together for a long time generally have more things in common than not.

Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience: PsyD, LPC, CHt