Ralph LMHC
Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience:  20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
11044513

My son is 37 years old. His wife left him for about the 50th

Customer Question

My son is 37 years old. His wife left him for about the 50th time in twelve years. He moved in with his father and me three months ags. He is a fellon and he cant get a job. He stays shut up in the bedroom all the tine. He gets mad at me if I say anything about getting a job. I don't have enough money to get the food and pay the electric bill. My Mon left sort of the same reason.Money. I am not a material person. they mean so much to me. My Mon died a year ago. I am afraid if my son goes away I won't see him again like I did my mother. I have a heart condition, aurthurius. and fibefnerualgia, and I am not well. His father stays in his room and studies all the time, day and night. I have no one talk to. I go to a charity doctors, but it still cost me. I don't know what to do. Please help me.    
e-mail XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ralph LMHC replied 5 years ago.

Hello:

I am sorry to hear about your misfortunes. May I ask as an ex felon is yor son on probation ot arole, etc

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All charger have been five years ago. He is not on probation. He has not had any problems of this sort for 5 yeare.

He is living in your house with your permission, I assume. Tell him gently you care but this situation cannot be allowed to continue. Some times when you help some one you love they hate you for it, but that is not the issue. What is the issue is to get him help. He is probably eligible for medicaid based upon income. You need to calmly approac him with the idea of getting help. If he reacts in any way violently, etc., you are then forced to call 911 to take him to a psych e.r.

Sincerely,

Ralph

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you know how how he can jet a job with this

I am not sure what you mean get a job with this. What is the this?

Ralph LMHC

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you know how he can jet a job with this felon charge ? Or will he never get a job again? He has his masenry degrees(4) has no tools. He said no one would hire him if he didn't h have his tools. If you cannot answer these questions, do you have someone you know that could help? He goes to AA and to church.I cannot call and have him removed from the house. He will cuss and yell but he won't raise a hand to his father and me.

A felony charge, or stronger yet does preclude some one from being hired. Most employers ask about it and one should be honest as they check. What it usually means is that they cannot get a job that was associated with their conviction, not charge. As an example: An accountant caonvicted of embezzlement wil never et a job dealing with money, but could get a job in lets say computer repair. I am listing the name of 2 Agencies that help to rehab ex offenders:Volunteers of AmericaXXXXXbr />Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

VOA in Alexandria at(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Good luck and tell him to keep on trying. He just needs one break.

Sincerely,

Ralph LMHC

Ralph LMHC, Therapist
Experience: 20+ years as therapist, supervisor, clinic director at mental health, substance abuse treatment ctrs
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your help;I appreciate it very much. Have a nice day!Laughing

Thank you and I wish you anyours the best

Ralph LMHC