Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

HELLO DR. VIKAS , THIS ISCustomer,, CLEAN FOR 2 1/2 YEARS,

Customer Question

HELLO DR. VIKAS , THIS ISCustomer,, CLEAN FOR 2 1/2 YEARS, USED FOR 1ST TIME LAST NIGHT , VERY DEPRESSED TODAY , GUILTY I GUESS ABOUT IT .... VERY IRRITATED, ANNOYED, EMOTIONAL, SAD TODAY ... I HATE HOW I FEEL . AND IM JUST VERY DEPRESSED ABOUT MY LIFE RIGHT NOW ......... QUESTION IS , COULD THE WAY I FEEL TODAY JUST BE A RESULT OF LAST NIGHT ???? AND IF SO, HOW DO I PULL MY SELF OUT OF THIS FUNK !!!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.
Hello:
I am not Dr. V., but I am a Substance Abuse Professional. If you used last night after 2 1/2 years clean and sober, you have every reason to feel guilty, emotional, irritated and sad. Please call your sponsor or whomever you use for support and get back on track. The only way out of this funk is to reach out for support and marinate yourself in your sober support system.

Having an affair with a married man when you are also married with a child, certainly can't be helping. Are you in therapy?   If not, get started now!!!!!

Please let me know if you have further questions or need clarification on anything I have said.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THANKS !!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
PLEASE ANSWER THIS WHEN YOU RETURN ON LINE... THE MARREID MAN HAS A DAUGHTER WHO IS MENTALLY ILL HERSELF, SO , HE UNDERSTANDS ME AND TRIES TO HELP ME OUT AS MUCH AS HE CAN ..... I WISH THAT I CAN PUT MY HUSBAND AND THE MARREID MAN TOGETHER , AND IT WOULD BE ONE PERFECT PERSON !!! LIKE IVE SAID, MY HUSBAND DOESNT WANT TO TALK ABOUT MY EMOTIONAL ISSUES , AND WHEN I HAVE A DEPRESSIVE EPISODE, HE TELLS ME THAT IT'S THE ONE THING THAT MAKES HIM SO UNATTRIVTIVE TO ME ...
Hello again:

I can certainly understand your struggle with being married to a man who has no patience with your emotional issues. You feel unsupported and unimportant to him, and that certainly impacts your trust and respect for him.

The new relationship appears to be so much better when contrasted with your marriage, because this man actually understands you and boy oh boy does that feel good!

May I suggest to you that a therapist could fulfill the same needs as your lover without all the emotional baggage. The therapeutic relationship is a clean and professional relationship in which you will have understanding, validation, emotional support and help with solutions. What a bargain compared to what is happening now!

If you are hesitant about a face-to-face therapeutic relationship, you can communicate with a licensed therapist online at:

www.etherapistsonline.com.   I am positive you will be able to find someone with whom you can work at a very cost effective rate.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.