Carol Kryder LMFT
Carol Kryder LMFT, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  APA Board Certified, Diplomate,Substance Abuse Professional, 20 years family therapy experience
13965555

QUESTION IS ANYONE THERE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I PUT MY STUFF OUT

Customer Question

QUESTION: IS ANYONE THERE RIGHT NOW BEFORE I PUT MY STUFF OUT THERE ?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Carol Kryder LMFT replied 7 years ago.
Hello:
I am ready to answer your question now.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK I AM HERE .. YOU READY ??? I HAVE A LOT OF EMOTIONAL ISSUES, I HAVE SEVERE MENTAL HEALTH , I HAVE MANIC CLINICAL DEPRESSION , AND I HAVE DEPRESSIVE EPISODES, WHICH I AM HAVING NOW ... I HAVE TALKED WITH MY HUSBAND TIME AND TIME AGAIN, MY OWN THERIPIST SAYS THE ONLY WAY TO HELP ME OUT WITH THAT SITUATION IS FOR US TO GO TO A MARRAGE THERAPST, MY HUSBAND REFUESES TO GO , AND WHEN I TRY TO TELL HIM HOW IM FEELING MENTALLY , LIKE WHEN I KNOW AN EPISODE IS COMMING ON , HE SAYS CALL YOUR MOTHER, OR YOUR FRIENDS TO HELP YOU OUT .... HE ALSO TOLD ME THAT ITS THESE DEPRESSIVE EPISODES THAT PUSHES HIM AWAY THE MOST... TO TOP IT OFF, RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH A 55 YR OLD MARRIED MAN AT THE OFFICE, HE GIVES ME EVERYTHING MY HUSBAND DOESNT ... HE HAS A DAUGHTER THAT HAS A LOT OF THE SAME MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES AS I DO . SO HE LISTENS AND UNDERSTANDS..
Hello again:

You say you have manic depression episodes, which is called bipolar disorder. Has this been diagnosed by a professional? If so, you need to be on medication for this disorder.

I also note that you are beating your head against a brick wall in trying to force your husband to be supportive with your mental and emotional problems, and he has consistently refused to do so.

If you have ever been to an AA meeting, you know that we cannot change other people, we can only change ourselves. You cannot change your husband and it is time to stop trying. You also cannot continue to be married and carry on an affair with another man while still trying to work things out with your husband. No ethical therapist will work with you in marriage therapy if you are having an affair.

Bluntly put, you cannot have it both ways. You will self destruct if you continue with this path you have chosen. I will support you in any change you decide to make, but you definitely need to make some changes.

Let me know how I can assist you further. I wish you well.