Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.

I am putting on excess weight due to the fact that I always

I am putting on excess weight due to the fact that I always feel very hungry. is there a way that i can trick my mind into feeling that i am full, so that I dont always feel hungry?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you can achieve this.

Drink lots of no calorie liquids, and make sure that you have something with fat in it at every meal & snack. The fat makes you feel fuller longer. Warm liquids like soup have been shown to decrease hungerr for longer times as well.

The next thing is to keep busy and when the thought of food drops into your mind, replace it with another thought. You can't NOT think of something...but you can choose what to think of, so pick what you think about and the hunger thought will be pushed out.

If you've found information in this post, please click Accept. Thank you.