Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

I started treatment for depression on 6-24 with 20 mg Fluoxetine.

I started treatment for depression on 6-24 with 20 mg Fluoxetine. On 6-29 Lorazepam was added, I took one on 6-29 to calm me, since then I have taken one each night to help me sleep. I am currently taking 10mg of Norvasc and 200 mg of Hydroxych and 2 prilosec dailey. My tongue is now swollen. Is there anything I can take to reduce the swelling? Is there any danger of just putting up with the swelling? This is adding to all of my depression concerns.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

Have you addressed these symptoms and concerns with your doctor to find out if these are some possible side effects of one or a combo of the meds?

If it is an allergic reaction from the meds, would you be willing to try non drowsy antihistamines? (there are some cases where individuals using antihistamines became more depressed w/ prolonged use)

If you are open to natural remedies for the swelling, maybe you could consult w/ a naturopath or an herbalist (and always let your physician be aware if you take any supplements since they are not controlled by the FDA in the USA)

Some herbs used for allergies and also are being used for swelling due to hay fever are ( Burdock, Comfrey, Golden Seal, Echinacea)

*These are for information purposes only and not intended to treat or diagnose any ailment. Once again please, conlsut w/ your prescribing doc.