Gina P
Gina P, LCSW
Experience:  MSW, LCSW, PIP

Maybe Im Crazy, and everyone else is sane, yea, thats it!...

Customer Question

Maybe I'm Crazy, and everyone else is sane, yea, that's it!... no prolly not again.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Gina P replied 7 years ago.

I am not clear on your question. How can I help you?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi there,yea, maybe i'm crazy, its just not fair, is all,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
People are inherently idiots,, how m i wrong by assuming this?
Expert:  Gina P replied 7 years ago.

Well, crazy is a relative term! Idiots? Don't think it's inherent, but more of a learned behavior.

I think we all do crazy things depending on circumstance, and people involved. Do you have a question I can help you with? Gina

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yea, crazy, no, i think idiots are out there,thats just inherent, like the Rubick's cube, i can solve, idiots are evil, no two ways about it, it's a sorry lifestyle, to believe in this, people are mean, maybe nits not a question, but a statement....
Expert:  Gina P replied 7 years ago.

MMmmm....ok. But maybe you could change your perspective a bit and leave the "idiots" behind. I agree, there are mean people out there who will try to hurt others, but there are also regular people too, who aren't interested in being mean.

You sound like an intelligent person, and probably a bit smarter than the average joe, so this could be part of your impatience with others, who may not be as smart as you. Many people work to survive and in the process become "idiots" or "mean."

Customer I always attempt to find a learning opportunity with most everyone I meet. Sometimes it is just that I don't want to be like them!

Hope you muddle through this and stay away from the idiots! Gina

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well no, I don't "muddle", hard to leave the idiots behind... very scarred, yea, i been hurt sure, i dont believe im mean, or an idiot, and i know you dont want to be like the statement you provide, and yes, im an idiot, however, you are not, Gina..I'm not saying be like me, there is no learning opportunity here, it falls into the category "most", not all ", sure , you are not going to be like me, but who is?...
Expert:  Gina P replied 7 years ago.

I am afraid you are more philosophical than I, but it does sound as if life may have been hard on you. I am glad you have developed into a compassionate person rather than one who takes advantage of others. I have also encountered some rough times, but I choose to look at those experiences as opportunites for growth for me. I also do not allow those experiences to take any more of my current time and energy. They have already taken enough.

I say muddle because I don't believe life or people are as simple as black and white. I believe there is a lot of gray and we do muddle through when searching for answers. I don't believe anyone is completely mean or idiotic. They are shades of gray and move to different sides dependent on conditions. Smile Gina

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There's only black and white, grey is just a shade, there is no colors, these aren't colors, sides, i understand, not shades and lack of colors. please respond..
Expert:  Gina P replied 7 years ago.
I am not sure how to respond. I will opt out so someone else can assist you. Gina