Anna
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
20023641

My question should have been more specific.Due to my Husbands

Customer Question

My question should have been more specific.Due to my Husbands' Mental Illness,& although I have become his caregiver,   I live in an unstable,dangerous enviornment consisting of exterme clutter,disrepair,blight, etc.I would like to be able to show this to a pyschatrist w/ photos of conditions, as the problem has caused legal issues w/ Family Relations/Court.the next Court date occuring 7-15-09. Upon my first visit,w/a Dr.Mihaela Boron, the material I had was'nt accepted,and have now been referred to a John P Rogowski Jr.Ph.D in the same offices, @ Columbia Mental Health LL.C,Bpt.,Ct.appt.date,7-10-09 I am concerned now, that w/ out showing the conditions in an expediant,helpful manner, it may have a deleterious effect. I had been frightened by my Husband directing an electric saw to my back, after shutting the light off in cellar,& i went to PD Dept. to ask if someone could talk w/ him,but, instead, he was arrested,as I was also, on his false statement.Can I submit material to Dr?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.
Hello, kindly JA, When you say your material wasn't accepted...do you mean that your psychiatrist wouldn't look at the pictures you brought? Is Dr. Boron a doctor of the court?

And to be clear..your question is whether or not you can show the Dr. pictures of your home?

I'm sorry if I've got this all confused....can you help me to sort it out?

Also: What was the reason you saw Dr. Boron...for help for a condition you have or something else?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The psychiatrist was not interested in seeing the pictures,& I had brought them to show the terrible conditions,& where the last incident took place.I'm not too sure if Dr Boron is a Dr. of the Court,she may have been doing just an intake, not sure. Ay first, I was to see a Dr Pomeraniec, then it was changed to Dr. Boran, now, to a John P Rogowski Ph.D, who I have not seen yet, I would assume he would be the Dr. of the Court.

When I went to Court, I was given a request to seek counseling before next Court date, because of what I've been through.Additionally, while I was in Dr. Borons' office, it was difficult to relate exactly what happened about the incident,while being questioned.To be clear, my Husband is OCD, for one thing, previously had been screaming, could'nt find his electric hand saw,I went into cellar while he was there, he shut off light, screamed moved your f--king c**t,turned on saw, came to my back w/ it. Protective Services have seen the cellar, house,& yard, & will not be closing the case, Thank Goodness.Husband lied to Police,told them I got to top of stairs,& threatened him

Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.
What a nightmare! I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm glad Protective Services is keeping the case open, and that they've seen what you're talking about.

When you go to see Dr. Rogowski, take in 2-3 of your best descriptive pictures to show him. He'll ask you some questions, and as you start to talk about your situation, say something like this, "A picture is worth a thousand words, so in order to save time today, I've brought you a couple photos that can describe my living conditons better than my words."
Calmly offer to hand them to him. After looking at them, if he offers to return them, I would say, "I'd appreciate it if you kept those in my file."

The more people that have the facts of your case, the better.

If you find advice in this post, please click Accept. Any feedback you can give will be helpful to me. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX yourself safe as best you can!
Anna, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 29 years in addictions and mental health.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thankyou, for your kind,& positive,concern ,it was sorely needed.Especially the advice to show a ( few) pictures. I had about an inch stack of them,lolol.All I can do is try.Asking to have them inserted in my file was good too,Thankyou. Also,the first Dr. I saw was ill,& seemed to be in pain, so, this may have been a part of the problem.She did call my youngest Daughter, who is an RN Supervisor,spoke w/ her,learned more,that I did have quite a lot of anxiety about the situation.
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.
I'm so glad that I could help. That is funny about the sick doctor and the inch stack of photos! Take care, and if I can be of further help you can send another question to my attention.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm glad you found some laughter in your day, because you certainly helped me.Like they say, two heads are better than one.lolol.I'm usually level headed,& easy going, but, when this kind of thing happens, it is a nightmare.I have good friends, Family,some support system, but, even so, as you said"keep your self as safe as you can" is really the name of the game here. I have so much here to protect,& trying to keep my self healthy enough to function,is a priority. I walk, breathe, into nutrition,, rest, etc.Thankyou, again, have a good night, & if, I should need to, I will look for you again.