Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My daughter is 14. She takes photos of herself and puts them

Customer Question

My daughter is 14. She takes photos of herself and puts them on the internet. Last night I saw her looking at a man's photo -- he looked to be in his late 20's. When I confronted her, she said they were "just friends." She is very bright, talented in piano and art, so why does she do this? She has a promising future -- I see her behavior as inappropriate. She acts like all of her friends take photos and talk with men on the internet. She also likes to go on long walks into the dark hours of the night. What should I do? I am her mother. I just don't understand how she thinks she is being innocent. I believe her when she says nothing sexual is going on but how do I get her to understand that she cannot meet any of these men and I don't get why she is acting somewhat provacative with her photo poses? She tells me she is proud of her body. What do I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  NGonzalez replied 7 years ago.

I'm working on your question. Could you explain your situation a little more? You said you already tried psychiatrist and Zolft 100mg. Why was she prescribed the Zoloft and is she getting therapy.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Zolft due to depression in Jan. 09 -- she will be tapering off of this in Aug. I took her to a Phd psychologist who saw no reason to see her for a chemical imbalance.