Dr. G
Dr. G, Doctor
Experience:  MD

I have been on both Prozac (80mg)/day) and Klonopin (1mg/day)

I have been on both Prozac (80mg)/day) and Klonopin (1mg/day) to treat OCD for almost ten years now. This past weekend I made a big mistake. I was drinking and took some drugs. I had a few beers, smoked some pot and then took a few tablets of acid. I was tripping for about 18 hours and it was pretty scary. I did not tell anyone and have not yet. I think I am okay and will never do this again but is there anything I should do or be aware of? Please help. Thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G replied 7 years ago.
How do you feel at the moment?
Expert:  Dr. G replied 7 years ago.
Since you are offline, I will leave you with my thought. I think since you are not suffering any ill-effects, I would not be concerned. You have made the right choice. People with OCD can have the effects of the disorder worse by acid. The choice to tell someone is yours. I would mention it to your psychiatrist. As I said, since you are feeling ok, please do not concern yourself with long-term effects.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

God Bless.

Have a blessed Wednesday.
I hope I’ve been able to shed a little light on this for you.
If you have further questions on this topic, please feel free to ask.
Please remember to press "Accept"

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.