Dr. G
Dr. G, Doctor
Experience:  MD
12907602

Is Ropinirole addicting I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,

Is Ropinirole addicting? I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Restless Legs Syndrome and depression. My Psychiatrist says I should go on this for possibly more energy and alertness. Is this the right soloution? I have heard that people's lives have been destroyed over this med. I have the problem of shopping too much. Will this increase my spending"?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. G replied 7 years ago.
No, Ropinirole is not addicting. No, Ropinirole will not cause an increase in spending. This medication may help the issue of energy as it has shown some effects in people with fibromyalgia. This condition often comes with Chronic fatigue syndrome. However, I must warn you that a side effect of this medication is depression, so it may actually make you more tired.

I'm not sure what you mean by lives being destroyed, but I have had good results with this medication for restless leg syndrome.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

God Bless.

Have a blessed Wednesday.
I hope I’ve been able to shed a little light on this for you.
If you have further questions on this topic, please feel free to ask.
Please remember to press "Accept"

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.