Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Need help to get my daughter into a group home

Customer Question

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

Hi Faye,

You wrote:

I am Nancy and will be helping you today. I just need some information before I can proceed.

How old is your daughter?

What is her diagnosis (if you know)

Into what type of Group Home do you need to get her?

Do you or does she have insurance?

What State do you live in?

Nancy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sherri is 47 years old and has had severe Bi-Polar disease sine she was a teenager. She does well when she stays on her medicine. She was in the Middleton group home for 4 months and they released her for good behavior. to a Spectra Care apartment where she would have some supervision and help, but her meds were't monitored and she quit taking her lithium and a couple others and started drinking alcohol. She started going down after a year and they transported to a Co-Occuring home in Midland City, AL. She wanted to leave after a 2 month stay
with some one she met there and the director advised her not to go but as she didn't have a court order she couldn't. I would like to see if someone will check the transcripts of the court hearing and see if it was for life.The Co-Occuring would be better than a Group Home according to Betsy Boyle and they will take her back so if we need to go before the Judge again to reinstate the order or issue a new one. Let me know
Expert:  Nancy replied 7 years ago.

Have you contacted Dr. Meghani?

Nancy